This sparkling watermelon lemonade has all the right ingredients to make a refreshing summer drink. It’s sweet and tart, but not too sweet. It will be a big hit at your next gathering!
A refreshing drink is the perfect complement to a summer barbecue homemade beverage! This Make a pink Starbucks drink copycat, Mint julep?, and pineapple lemonadeThese are some of my favorite recipes!
Sparkling Watermelon Lemonade Recipe
We’ve been going through a heat wave here in Utah and it’s been rough! This sparkling watermelon limeade is the only thing that kept me going. It’s smooth, sweet, and just a little bit bubbly! It is a big hit at our summer barbecues and I’m sure you and yours will love it just as much!
You only need a few ingredients to make this dish. Remaining watermelon can be used to make this recipe! It is a common thing to have a lot of watermelon after a barbecue. It’s easy to customize with this lemonade. Whether you want to add a splash of alcohol, fruit purées, or flavored syrups, it’s a great foundation to work with. You’ll want to have it around all summer long!
What You’ll Need to Make It
You only need a few simple ingredients! All the measurements are listed in the recipe card located at the end.
- Watermelon without seeds: I made my own cubes to make it easier to blend.
- Fresh Lemon Juice: I’ve found that fresh lemon juice gives lemonade the best flavor, but you can use bottled lemon juice if it’s easier for you!
- Granulated SugarThis is the main sweetness of the drink. This can be substituted for honey, agave or Stevia.
- Sparkling Water: I made a mixture of watermelon and lemon sparkling water.
- Ice Cubes You’ve got to have your drink served over ice on these hot summer days!
- Lemon and Watermelon Slices: For that picture-perfect garnish.
How to Make Sparkling Watermelon Limonade
It’s only 3 steps! This sparkling watermelon lemonade makes a great appetizer for a party or get-together.
- BlendUsing a blender, place watermelon cubes and blend until completely pureed. Pour over a fine mesh strainer into a large bowl.
- MixPlace the strained watermelon in a large pitcher. Add freshly squeezed lemon juice to the pitcher. Mix in watermelon and lemon-flavored sparkling water. Stir well.
- ServeServe the lemonade over ice with a watermelon or lemon slice garnish
You can customize lemonades! These are just a few ways you can jazz up your lemonade.
- Boozy!Try adding vodka to make it an adult version.
- Add Other Fruits Create a tasty flavor combination by adding in fruit purée or syrup to your drink! Watermelon lemonade can be given a rich berry taste by adding some Blueberry syrup!
- No Bubbles: If you don’t want your lemonade to be carbonated, you can swap out the sparkling water for regular!
Storing Leftover Watermelon Lemonade
If you have leftover sparkling watermelon lemonade, you’ll want to keep it in an airtight pitcher so it doesn’t go flat quickly. It should keep in the refrigerator for at least a day.
Place watermelon pieces in blender. Blend until completely smooth. Pour over a fine mesh strainer into a large bowl.
Strain the watermelon and pour it into a large pitcher. Mix in fresh squeezed lemon juice. Mix in watermelon and lemon-flavored sparkling water. Stir well.
Serve on ice with a slice of lemon or watermelon garnish.
Calories148kcal (7%)Carbohydrates38g (13%)Protein1g (2%)Fat1g (2%)Saturated Fat1g (5%)Sodium69mg (3%)Potassium241mg (7%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar34g (38%)Vitamin A1009IU (20%)Vitamin C30mg (36%)Calcium31mg (3%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutrition information is based upon third-party calculations. It is an estimation only. The brands used, the measuring methods used and the household size will all affect how each recipe is prepared and their nutritional values.