This web site might include affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we will present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
Should you’re on the lookout for one of the best ways to make use of up all that summer season zucchini, that is it! Fast and straightforward zucchini spears coated in parmesan and garlic and roasted within the oven to perfection.
Zucchini is such an insanely versatile vegetable. Its delicate taste permits it to soak up all of the seasonings and flavors you cook dinner with! Should you’re like me and have extra zucchini than you realize what to do with, strive these zucchini chips, zucchini fries, and zoodles!
Oven-Roasted Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Recipe
The zucchini simply isn’t stopping at our home. As soon as it begins it simply doesn’t cease. To be sincere, I actually don’t thoughts as a result of zucchini is my favourite summer season vegetable! And there are so many yummy methods to put it to use. (You’ll find my full checklist of zucchini recipes right here!) I’ll say though- these parmesan garlic zucchini spears are simply my favourite. I like how fast and straightforward they’re to throw into the oven. It takes only a matter of minutes to throw collectively. And how will you not love the parmesan and garlic taste mixture?? It goes so nicely on roasted greens in my view.
These parmesan garlic zucchini spears have a barely crisp exterior and a young and tender inside. The parmesan garlic coating on the surface is so scrumptious! It’s such an effective way to make use of up that zucchini crop. They make a fantastic facet or fast and straightforward snack. I’m positive these will develop into an instantaneous favourite with you and yours. And if you happen to can’t get sufficient of flavorful roasted veggies, strive these roasted cherry tomatoes or cauliflower steaks subsequent!
All Components Wanted
That is one in all my favourite facet dishes to make as a result of it makes use of such easy substances. I’m positive you have already got all the pieces you want in your pantry proper now! Though this roasted zucchini recipe makes use of such easy substances, the flavour is something however! It’s savory, zesty, and completely mouthwatering.
- Zucchini: I used medium-sized zucchini, however since we’re reducing them into spears, massive zucchini works too. I identical to to keep away from zucchini that’s too seedy or watery for this specific dish.
- Olive Oil: Helps the zucchini crisp up properly within the oven.
- Lemon Juice and Zest: Provides the proper pop of zesty taste!
- Minced Garlic: There’s no such factor as an excessive amount of garlic! Roasted garlic is so scrumptious and offers every chew of zucchini the most effective savory taste.
- Oregano: I add oregano for a bit further peppery taste.
- Parmesan Cheese: I like to recommend shopping for a block of parmesan since you want each grated and shredded cheese for this recipe. Plus, freshly-grated cheese all the time tastes higher!
- Salt and Pepper: Add to style to reinforce the general taste of your zucchini.
Methods to Make Baked Parmesan Zucchini
Roasted parmesan garlic zucchini spears are really easy to make! And the most effective half is, they all the time end up completely crispy on the surface, tender and tender on the within. No soggy zucchini right here!
- Prep Zucchini: Preheat oven to 350 levels F. Lower zucchini lengthwise into quarters, then minimize in half widthwise. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Lay the zucchini on the cookie sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Put together Topping: In a small bowl, whisk collectively the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, and oregano. Drizzle over zucchini spears. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake and Broil: Bake for quarter-hour or till flippantly golden brown. To present extra of a crisp edge, broil for the final 3 minutes.
How Do You Maintain Zucchini From Getting Watery?
Due to its excessive water content material, zucchini could be difficult to cook dinner with. Listed here are a couple of methods to troubleshoot in order that your zucchini is tender and scrumptious, not soggy or mushy.
- Airflow: Airflow is so necessary when cooking zucchini. First- be sure to’re not cooking too many spears at a time and that they’re evenly spaced on a baking sheet. Second- I’ll typically put a baking rack on prime of my baking sheet after which cook dinner the spears on that so the recent air from the oven can flow into fully.
- Cooking Time: Opposite to what you’d suppose, overcooking zucchini truly makes them launch extra water. Solely cook dinner them for about quarter-hour. If it’s that crispy exterior edge you’re on the lookout for, broil for a couple of minutes as a substitute of including to the cooking time.
- Salt: Should you’re coping with an particularly watery zucchini, add your spears to a colander and salt them generously. The salt will draw extra water out. From there, pat them dry with paper towels after which proceed the cooking course of as common!
Variations and Serving Recommendations
I like the straightforward (but highly effective!) mixture of parmesan and garlic, however listed below are a couple of further methods to change up the flavour of your zucchini spears!
- Additional Seasonings: Cajun seasoning, lemon pepper, or a pinch of crimson pepper flakes is normally my go-to once I need to add a bit one thing further to my zucchini. If you’d like extra warmth, strive dusting them with smoked paprika or cayenne!
- Add Herbs: If you realize me, you realize that I love me some contemporary chopped herbs. Along with oregano, strive including chopped rosemary, dill, or basil! Not solely do they add a reasonably garnish, however wonderful aromatics and a pop of taste too!
- Dips: The scale of those spears makes them completely dippable. Attempt serving them with a facet of garlic aioli or whipped feta dip!
A Reader’s Assessment
“It is a terrific recipe, a superb solution to put together zucchini. It was simple for me to adapt the flavors and spices to my household’s preferences. Thanks a lot!”
Storing Leftover Roasted Zucchini
These zucchini spears make nice leftovers! My children are obsessive about the seasoning on them and love having them as a snack.
- Within the Fridge: In an hermetic container, your roasted zucchini will final for as much as 4 days.
- To Reheat: Lay your leftover zucchini spears out on a baking sheet and cook dinner till heat at 400 levels F.
Word: I don’t suggest freezing leftover zucchini, it will get extraordinarily soggy when it thaws.
Preheat oven to 350 levels. Lower zucchini lengthwise into quarters, then minimize in half widthwise. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Lay the zucchini on the cookie sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
In a small bow whisk collectively the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon peel, garlic, and oregano. Drizzle over zucchini spears. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Bake for quarter-hour or till flippantly golden brown. To present extra of a crisp edge, broil for the final 3 minutes.
Up to date July 1, 2022
Energy74kcal (4%)Carbohydrates6g (2%)Protein3g (6%)Fats5g (8%)Saturated Fats1g (5%)Ldl cholesterol3mg (1%)Sodium72mg (3%)Potassium384mg (11%)Fiber2g (8%)Sugar4g (4%)Vitamin A314IU (6%)Vitamin C29mg (35%)Calcium72mg (7%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary info is predicated on third get together calculations and is barely an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will range relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.