These lemon cheesecake bars are delicious and creamy. They are made from a buttery shortbread crust and have a cheesecake-like layer. They make the perfect dessert!
A delicious, bright, and fresh lemon dessert can’t be beaten! These are my favourites and you’ll find a lot more to enjoy. This No-bake Lemon PieThis. Lemon coconut cakeOr this delectable Lemon curdThat you can use in anything!
Homemade Lemon Cheesecake Bar Recipe
How better to celebrate the summer months than with lemon cheesecake bars? I am a big fan of lemon cheesecake bars. lemon lover,These bars would be a hit with anyone who doesn’t love lemons! They were the first thing to disappear at a party when I brought them. They were gone in no time! Next time, I’ll make another batch and keep it at my home for later.
These lemon cheesecake bars are so delicious! The crust is buttery shortbread. A lemon cheesecake layer is followed by a lemon layer. This is the best! lemon lover dessert. These are my favorites, but I think they were because I love them. CheesecakeThis combination combines the best of both!
Ingredients for Lemon Cheesecake Bars
This dessert is quick and easy to prepare, but delicious to eat. The ingredients are easy to find and most likely already in your kitchen. The recipe card at the end of the post will give you the exact measurements.
- Butter:When you add butter to your recipe, it is important that it is cold. This allows the butter to melt while it’s cooking and creates the perfect crust!
- Flour:This recipe was made with all-purpose flour.
- Light brown sugar:I love the rich and sweet taste that brown sugar brings to the crust.
- Salt:Salt enhances the flavor of crust.
- Cream CheeseThis is different from butter. I let it sit on my counter until it reaches room temperature, then bake with it. Then I don’t have any lumps when I mix it in.
- SugarGranulated sugar is the best choice for a sweet, scrumptious taste.
- Egg:When I bake, I use large eggs.
- Milk: I used one percent milk, but you can use any milk you have.
- Lemon JuiceFresh lemon juice can be used or you can buy juice from a jar.
- Vanilla Extract:The sweet flavor is enhanced by a splash of vanilla.
- EggsLet your eggs cool to room temperature before mixing them.
- Sugar: This balances the tart lemon flavor.
- Lemon JuiceThis really makes the lemon layer stand out and brings together dessert.
- Lemon Zest:The freshness of the lemon flavor comes from the lemon zest.
- Flour:This recipe was made with all-purpose flour.
How to make Cheesecake Lemon Bars
From start to finish, this dessert takes just over an hour. This includes the baking time. This dessert is easy to prepare ahead and can be prepared for any occasion.
Bake the Crust
- Combine ingredients:Preheat oven to 325°F. Combine cold butter, flour brown sugar, and salt in a food processor. Blend until the butter is well-incorporated and pieces are small and smooth.
- Bake and press: Press into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish and bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven.
Make the Cheesecake Filling
- Add to the warm crust Mix cream cheese and sugar together. Blend with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the egg, milk and lemon juice. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 300°.
Add the Lemon Layer on top
- Pour the whisk into a glass. WhiskMix together the eggs, sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest until well combined. The mixture should be carefully poured over the cheesecake layer. The cheesecake layer will rise if you pour it too quickly. It is okay if it lifts a little (mine did). It will still taste great.
- BakeBake an additional 25-30 minutes to set the lemon layer. Let cool in the oven. If desired, you can cool in the refrigerator for up to 3 hours. That is my preference. Sprinkle powdered Sugar on the Lemon Cheesecake Bars, Cut them into Squares with a Sharp Knife and Enjoy!
Do I need to serve lemon cheesecake bars cold?
I find it very satisfying to chill these lemon cheesecake bars for at least two hours before putting them in the refrigerator. This allows them to set up better and makes them more delicious. This makes it a quick dessert that you can make ahead of time. You can just pull them from the fridge and serve them to guests. You can then enjoy your day without having to spend all your time in the kitchen.
How to store leftovers
These can be frozen if you have leftovers or you make them ahead of time.
- In the RefrigeratorPlace your lemon cheesecake bars into an airtight container. Keep them in the fridge. They should last for 3 days.
- Freezer Place the bars in an airtight container once they have cooled. If you plan to stack them, make sure to place parchment paper between each layer. The date should be labeled on the container and it can be stored for up to three months.
To make the crust
Preheat oven to 325°F. Combine cold butter, flour brown sugar, and salt in a food processor. Blend until the butter is well-incorporated and pieces are small and smooth.
Press into the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan and bake for 12 minutes. Take out of oven.
To make the cheesecake layer
Mix cream cheese and sugar together. Blend until smooth. Add the egg, milk and lemon juice. Bake the cheesecake for 15 minutes on a warm crust. Turn oven down to 300°F.
To make the Lemon Layer
Mix together the eggs, sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest until well combined. Spread the cheesecake layer carefully. The cheesecake layer will rise if you pour too quickly. It’s okay if the cheesecake layer lifts slightly (mine did). It will still taste great.
Bake an additional 25-30 mins until the lemon layer has set. Let cool in the oven. If desired, you can cool in the refrigerator for up to 3 hours. That is my preference. Sprinkle powdered Sugar on top. Enjoy!
Last updated on July 15, 2022
Calories450kcal (23%)Carbohydrates63g (21%)Protein6g (12%)Fat20g (31%)Saturated Fat12g (60%)Cholesterol120mg (40%)Sodium232mg (10%)Potassium107mg (3%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar43g (48%)Vitamin A707IU (14%)Vitamin C4mg (5%)Calcium46mg (5%)Iron2mg (11%)
All nutrition information is based upon third-party calculations. It is an estimation only. Each recipe will have a different nutritional value depending on which brands you use, how you measure and what the portion sizes are in each household.