This web site could comprise affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we are able to present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
Baked zucchini fries are crispy on the skin with a crunchy, seasoned crust and tender zucchini inside. It’s laborious to cease after only one!
Fries are a fast and straightforward appetizer or aspect dish! Strive these crispy garlic avocado fries, parmesan herb asparagus fries, or best-ever baked parmesan garlic potato wedges. They’re all simply as addictive and scrumptious as these baked zucchini fries. You’ll love them!
Crispy Baked Zucchini Fries Recipe
Oh, zucchini season, how I like you! There are such a lot of nice methods to make use of up zucchini. (I’ve a full listing of recipes ready for you right here!) However as a lover of all issues fry-like and dippable, I couldn’t wait to strive these low-carb zucchini fries. It’s such a scrumptious and wholesome various to french fries. And you’ll be able to dissipate a few of the zucchini within the backyard!
I wasn’t anticipating these zucchini fries to be so wonderful! And the nice factor is, I can take pleasure in them with out blowing my weight-reduction plan. That they had an awesome crunch on the skin and had been smooth and tender on the within like a french fry. These had been wonderful dipped in marinara sauce however my boys liked them in ranch. Sauce lovers- I’ve added just a few extra wonderful dips to check out with them under.
What You Have to Make Them
I like making these zucchini fries for my children as a result of they use such easy components! Aren’t snacks you can throw collectively and not using a grocery run the perfect?! Take a look at the recipe card on the finish of the publish for measurements.
- Zucchini: You should utilize 3 small zucchini or 2 giant zucchini. I normally go for smaller zucchini after I make these since they’re not as seedy and watery. This makes for crispier zucchini fries.
- Panko Bread Crumbs: For that scrumptious crispy outer layer!
- Parmesan Cheese: Provides scrumptious tacky taste to the coating.
- Italian Seasoning: For additional taste and aromatics. Strive making this at residence! I all the time like making seasonings from scratch to customise the flavour. You’ll find my full recipe right here.
- Seasonings: I used salt and garlic powder. Be happy to modify this up! A pinch of cayenne or paprika is nice for including a bit of warmth to the coating.
- Flour: Used for dredging. Flour makes the skin of the zucchini fries good and crispy.
- Eggs: Assist the breadcrumbs stick.
- Water: Added to the egg combination to skinny it out.
The best way to Make Zucchini Fries
These fries want a little bit of prep, but it surely’s nicely value it for that tasty outer layer! The egg combination is what’s going to assist them crisp up completely within the oven.
- Preheat Oven, Prep Zucchini: Preheat the oven to 425 levels F. Slice the zucchini into sticks.
- Coat With Flour: Add the flour to a bag with the zucchini and shake it to coat them.
- Bread Crumb Combination: In a medium bowl stir collectively the Panko, parmesan, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt.
- Whisk: Add the eggs and water to a small bowl and whisk them collectively.
- Coat With Bread Crumb Combination: Take away the zucchini sticks from the bag and dip them within the egg combination then into the Panko.
- Switch to Baking Sheet: Place them on a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray them with olive oil.
- Bake and Get pleasure from: Bake for 12-Quarter-hour or till golden and crispy.
Ideas for Making the Greatest Zucchini Fries
You may simply excellent your zucchini fries by conserving these easy suggestions in thoughts! They’re going to style so good, you received’t be capable of maintain them round for lengthy.
- Do You Peel Zucchini Earlier than Utilizing It? You don’t want to peel zucchini earlier than slicing it. I want to depart the pores and skin on the zucchini for that added crispy texture.
- How Do You Make Zucchini Fries Crispy? Make sure that to pat dry the zucchini if you end up finished rinsing it off. The smaller the zucchini, the crispier it’s going to get. On the finish of baking, change to the broiler and broil the zucchini for 1 to 2 minutes. For those who don’t have a broiler, pan fry the zucchini fries on prime of the range for a couple of minutes, flipping and turning them.
The sky is the restrict! The tacky baked taste of those fries pairs completely with nearly any savory dip. Listed here are just a few of my private favorites! You’ll find my full listing of sauces and dips right here.
Storing Leftovers/ Reheating
These fries don’t final lengthy at our home. You could even wish to make extras with that summer season zucchini crop! If (by some slim likelihood) you do have leftovers, good news- these zucchini fries are excellent for storing and having fun with later.
- Within the Fridge: As soon as they’ve cooled off from baking, place your zucchini fries in an hermetic container or Ziploc bag. Seal and place within the fridge for two to three days, reheating when prepared.
- Within the Freezer: You may freeze your zucchini fries as soon as they’re baked. Look forward to them to chill, then place them in an hermetic container or Ziploc baggie. Reheat when prepared. You don’t want to thaw the zucchini fries previous to reheating them.
- Reheating within the Microwave: Place on a microwave-safe plate and heat the zucchini 1 minute at a time.
- Reheating within the Oven: Preheat the oven to 425 levels Fahrenheit. Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 12-Quarter-hour or till warmed via.
Preheat the oven to 425 levels F.
Slice the zucchini into sticks.
Add the flour to a bag with the zucchini and shake it to coat them.
In a medium bowl stir collectively the Panko, parmesan, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt.
Add the eggs and water to a small bowl and whisk them collectively.
Take away the zucchini from the bag and dip them within the egg combination then into the Panko.
Place them on a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray them with olive oil.
Bake for 12-Quarter-hour or till golden and crispy.
Up to date July 7, 2022
Energy155kcal (8%)Carbohydrates20g (7%)Protein9g (18%)Fats5g (8%)Saturated Fats2g (10%)Ldl cholesterol62mg (21%)Sodium230mg (10%)Potassium338mg (10%)Fiber2g (8%)Sugar3g (3%)Vitamin A375IU (8%)Vitamin C17.6mg (21%)Calcium161mg (16%)Iron2.3mg (13%)
All dietary data is predicated on third celebration calculations and is just an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will range relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.